Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Challenges are way of life

Have you heard these phrases before...?
"I am too busy"
"I don't have time"
"My roommate dog's vet's sister-in-law thinks this is a bad idea"
"My 2 month old kid needs me to be around"
"I am tired"
"I have to check with my parents"
"I download pirated software online, but is your opportunity legal"
"I need to know everything about it before I do anything"
"Money is root of all evil"
"Business men are crooks"
and many more... (some extremely creative)

The true problem here is people think being busy is being productive when they are completely separate entities. I have not met anybody who is not interested in making extra money, however, I have met only a few who are willing to work for it. The issue is we want the end result without the pain of the process - we want fruits to fall right into our lap so we can avoid climbing the tree to pluck them.

Priorities we set and decisions we make today, direct us to where we will be in future. You are where you are because of the choices you have made in the past. If you don't like the situation you are in - for GOD's sake stop repeating your past. Changing is a challenge when there is not enough incentive for one. When the whole world around you is changing (for better - I am an optimist) by the minute, it will prove costly to do the same things you did 5 years ago, and expect different results.

Nothing worthwhile, everlasting, and significant has been achieved without overcoming challenges and shortcomings. Every man (and woman) have shortcomings and challenges that need to be overcome. That is where I believe we need help of a mentor who has experienced similar challenges and has overcome

But remember fruits that we pluck on our own after climbing the highest branch, bruising on our way up, balancing on toe - are far more tasty and filling than any others that fall into your lap.

No comments: